Thank A Nurse, Make a Video!
Make your #ThankANurseContest Video now to recognize the countless contributions nurses offer!
We are looking for “The Best of the Best Videos to celebrate and Thank Nurses.” Globally 2020 was marked as the official Year of the Nurse and Midwife to celebrate and recognize the contributions of nurses to everyone in the world. When the coronavirus pandemic hit, it reinforced the need to further support the nursing profession across all levels. As a true thank you for nurses’ heroic efforts, NursesEverywhere launched the “You Didn’t Have To – Thank a Nurse, Wear a Mask” campaign, in collaboration with country music duo Brown & Gray, to memorialize this pivotal moment in our profession’s history.
To build on the success and spirit of this campaign we are looking for you to send your own video(s) and selected song(s) showcasing what nurses mean to you. Whether it’s a TikTok™ challenge, a dance, a heartwarming message of gratitude, or images of the nurses in your lives, we want to share the spotlight with our supporters
INSPIRATION FROM BROWN & GRAY
For inspiration (and potentially the background music for your video!), we encourage you to watch and listen to Brown & Gray’s “You Didn’t Have To.”
It was such an honor to collaborate with country music stars, Brown & Gray to elevate the voice of nurses during the pandemic through the powerful means of music therapy. Over the course of the past year, traditional and social media outlets have shed the spotlight on the nursing profession through proclamation of their heroic efforts, discounts and applause, but we wanted to take it one step further. The “You Didn’t Have To – Thank a Nurse, Wear a Mask” campaign success exceeded our wildest dreams and we are so grateful that Brown & Gray are lending their time and talent once again on our newest initiative, the #ThankANurseContest Video Challenge.
HOW TO ENTER
1. Plan and Prep – ThankANurseContest Video Challenge is open to individuals, groups and organizations. Need a good example? Watch this entry from an amazing crew of nurses. Need a bit of practice? What’s a better way than to download and play Brown & Gray’s single, “You Didn’t Have To” and record until perfection!
2. Record and Upload – Click on RECORD VIDEO button below to capture your video (1 minute max). We suggest playing the song off a mobile device at the same time you are recording your video. If you have a pre-recorded video file you can upload from your photo library after clicking the RECORD VIDEO button from your mobile device.
3. Wait for Approval – Once uploaded, your video will be reviewed by the NursesEverywhere #ThankANurseContest Committee and you will be notified of its acceptance. All videos must be submitted by May 15th, 2021.
4. Share, Like, and Credit – Post your video on Social Media tagging @NursesEverywhere and using the official Contest hashtag #ThankANurseContest. The more Likes, the more likely to win! And don't forget to credit participants, organizations, and musical artists featured in your video.
5. Stay Tuned – follow @NursesEverywhere for more official contest news!
HOW TO WIN
NursesEverywhere will be tracking the number of likes and shares on social media, so be sure to use our official #ThankANurseContest hashtag! The top 10 videos will be reviewed by a team of supporting judges who will select the final winners. Top prizes include:
- First Place individual or team will win a concert (in person or virtual) by Brown & Gray at their home or organization.
- Second and Third Place individuals or teams will win an assortment of signed Brown & Gray swag!
- All three winners will have their videos featured on the NursesEverywhere Website from June 2021-December 2021.
We’re excited to see what you create. Good luck, happy videoing, and as always, thank you for supporting NursesEverywhere! If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
#ThankANurseContest Committee Members: Rebecca Love, Tim Raderstorf, Kenneth Komisar, Frank Shafer, Creighton Mershon, Marcia Proto, Justin Kelly & Kelley Reiger
#ThankANurseContest #YouDidntHaveTo #ThankANurse #NursesEverywhere #Brown&Gray
COVID-19 as a Force for Change: Nurses and the Public Co-Designing Better HealthcareAs a nurse in the midst of this pandemic, I practice one of what I consider to be a critical leadership
You Didn't Have ToTo: #Nurses This one’s just for you. We know you are growing tired of the hero talk, the discounts, and the applause. We know
Public Say Hospitals Should Meet Minimum Safe Nurse Staffing Standards - New Study Shows WhyFindings from the Expand Nursing Care Survey commissioned by NursesEverywhere and fielded by the Harris Poll show that 91% of